Friday, January 25, 2008

NY Times Endorses McCain in Republican Primary

Here is a link to a free story about the story. In the Republican primary, they endorse McCain, not because they particularly like any of the Republicans, but because they believe that he "is the only Republican who promises to end the George Bush style of governing from and on behalf of a small, angry fringe." Further, they loathe and despise Guiliani, stating that "The real Mr. Giuliani, whom many New Yorkers came to know and mistrust, is a narrow, obsessively secretive, vindictive man who saw no need to limit police power."

Does this influence my choices? Yes. It makes me even more certain that I will not vote for McCain in the primary. It is not surprising that he is the Republican that the liberal lunatic fringe likes the best. It is also going to make me take a closer look at Guiliani. I had pretty much decided that he was third on my list of current primary potentials. I am revising that upward. If the New York Times hates him so much, there are probably plenty of reasons for me to like him and vote for him.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home