Thursday, January 24, 2008

Is Reuters Afraid of the Word "Terrorist"

Or perhaps it is "Islamofascist" that is disturbing it. In this article regarding an allegedly fraudulent trading scheme in France, Reuters suggests that part of the recent slide in European shares may have been related to the fraud. This phrase caught my eye:

The FTSEurofirst 300, a pan-European stock market benchmark, fell nearly 6 percent on that day, its biggest one-day fall since the attacks of September 11, 2001.


Now, maybe it's just me, but it seems that a word is missing between "of" and "September 11." To which attacks is Reuters referring? Could it be the attacks of unarmed British citizens by armed thugs who ignore their idiotic gun laws? Could it be one of the countless attacks by pitbulls? Maybe Reuters is thinking of some of the countless attacks on freedom by nanny-staters that obviously have a negative effect on capital formation. Or, could it be something else?

The word is "terrorist". Learn it. Use it. It's no wonder that every time I think of Reuters, I think of Roto-Rooter. Actually, Roto-Rooter is much higher on my list of noble enterprises than Reuters and I mean no disrespect to the fine folks at Roto-Rooter who may be upset that I have lumped them in with such an objectionable outfit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home