Tuesday, July 07, 2009

In Johnson City parks, we must depend on police for protection

The Johnson City Commission voted to ban handguns in its parks. Accordingly, only the criminals and the police (when you can find them) will have them there and everyone else will just have to hope that they will survive. If you think those parks are "safe" as the Commission suggests, you've never spent much time at Buffalo Mountain or Winged Deer Park. I have yet to go to either of those places when I did not see someone who made me want to get back into the car and leave. Of course, I probably won't be going to Jane's Lunch Box when I leave one of the parks. Unlike Joshua Arrowood, I have eaten there.

Apparently, these two parks make some people feel safe - safe enough that alleged criminals think it is a good place to go and not get caught engaging in sexual battery, disorderly conduct, indecent exposure, assault, public intoxication and possessing drug paraphernalia.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home