Thursday, May 21, 2009

Red State / Blue State American Idol

I don't watch American Idol, but I was struck by several articles over the past few days about how it was shaping up to be a battle of red states vs. blue states. I read several articles that almost assured that the blue-stater would likely win convincingly. I had to laugh out loud this morning when I heard the red-stater won. Reporters at the New York Times and the LA Times are undoubtedly crying this morning because they will have to bury the fabricated blue state/red state angle in reporting on this. I'm sure they would have loved nothing more to have come out and claimed that a victory by the little fairy man from the blue state somehow means something. Of course, victory by either of the contestants means nothing, but I am sure these folks will reach for something to sensationalize it. Perhaps they will go with something along the lines of how America "is still not ready" for a gay American Idol.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home