Friday, May 29, 2009

Johnson City Police Department Still Pushing Red Light Cameras

According to this article, the camera plan is still moving forward. What really annoys me is what I heard a couple of years ago at the little school that I had the privilege of attending as a result of allegedly speeding through one of Johnson City's notorious speed traps. The school was taught by a senior officer of the Johnson City Police Department. He told us that Johnson City had one of the highest accident rates in the state and that MOST of the accidents were rear-enders. He said that Johnson City was fortunate in that it did not have a high number of very serious accidents. Now, the JCPD wants to install red light cameras that are proven to increase the number of rear-ender accidents. Please do not tell me it is about safety. I think I will puke.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home