Thursday, April 16, 2009

Buffalo News Columnist Favors Red-Light Cameras

I've never heard of Rod Watson until I read this article today. A couple of his points really set me off:
And to critics who call all of this a municipal money grab, so what?
Think of it as a stupidity tax—and a voluntary one, at that.

There is more than enough stupidity to go around here. Longer yellow lights will decrease accidents, but municipalities don't care about that. Why not? Let's not pretend this is about safety when this is really about money.

Of course reading the rest of Mr. Watson's article make me believe that he would prefer the nanny state to provide the magical illusion of protection for every aspect of his life. Then, you have the obligatory anti-gun reference:
Driving is one reason I don’t hunt. After watching what morons do with a lethal steering wheel in their hands, there’s no way I’m going to give them guns and then go out in the woods and walk around in the middle of them.

Page 31 of the liberal playbook is not too be missed. That is the page that commands that you must denigrate gun owners at every opportunity.

I'm glad I didn't pay for that newspaper. Talk about a "stupidity tax-and a voluntary one, at that."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home